Thursday, January 3, 2013

Today is a pushup challenge day and a cardio boot camp day.  I do my pushups before boot camp or they're impossible.  SO...

Sets of 25/29/25/25 in the hour before the gym.  I am doing Week 4, Column 3, Day 2 from hundredpushups.com  The last set I did just after I got to the gym. 

When I got to the gym, I headed up to the track for a warm up.  I did 1/2 mile and the last set of push ups (40!) in 6 minutes 29 seconds.  I used the lap counter on my phone to track each lap and the time for pushups.  The 1/2 mile alone was 5 minutes 45 seconds.  My heart rate avg during my warm up was 151.

Then Cardio Boot Camp.  This class is crazy.  Shannon is a pint size, super trim, personal trainer, and she runs the class.  There are 12 stations on various equipment in the "wellness center.  I tried to keep track of everything we did today, and write down any mileage I could log, but it was tricky.  I won't always do it in this detail, but here you go for today:  All the cardio bursts at the stations were 1 minute of warm up, 30 sec base speed, then 3 increases in speed so that the final one was a sprint.  Then 1 minute of recovery before moving to the next station or into the gym.  We did 2 bursts at a time.


TRX... hamstrings (lying on my back with my feet in the handles, pull my bum up and move my feet as if running)  This is rough for me, big time.  I did :30 twice for that.  I did the warm up and a split between hamstrings on situps.  Still on my back and with my feet in the handles, I put my hands together with my arms fully stretched above my head then sat up to bring my hands to reach between my feet.

Elliptical...Incline 10, Resistance 4.  I did this with my feet pedaling backwards today.  .31 miles.

GYM-10 jumping jacks, 2 laps jogged around a single basketball court (not sure it's full size, might be half court), 10 jumping jacks.  6 count slow squats with 20lbs of hand weights.  I think we did like 15 of these...it seemed like a ton, and the last half dozen or so I would wait to start until count 2 of 6. 

Calf machine...:30 on the machine with the minimum weight, toes straight.  :30 on the floor with no additional weight with toes in, and another :30 with toes out.

Abs station...the equipment is the ab roller there, but I'm not strong enough for that yet.  I did sit ups (same as on TRX but with knees bent and feet on the floor) for :30, :30 plank, :30 alternating toe touches on my back with my feet in the air over me, then :30 sit ups again.

GYM-10 JJ, 2 laps, 10 JJ.  Shannon called for push ups with a kicky twist thing in the middle, I did mountain climbers.  Kicks--on my back, hands under my bum, feet abt 6 inches off the floor.  Fluttering up and down, then back and forth.  Again, these are super hard for me and while I made it through the first minute or so, Shannon kept them going for a lot longer than that.  I did what I could.  The 2nd round through everything, I did regular pushups for about 10, then did the rest on my knees, so my total for pushups was probably 160-170 today.  I could hardly do anything for the kicks the 2nd round. 

Band...I don't know what to call this exercise, I stood on a resistance band, holding the ends up at my hips.  With that tension, I side stepped first one way, then the other.  I felt it in the outside of my hips at the top of my leg.  Ouch!  Did that for 1:30.

Treadmill...my heartrate hit 180 during this burst and it scared me a little.  I felt like I was really pushing, and my speed was lower than usual, but I got to .25m during the burst.  I did recover pretty quick, which Shannon was quick to point out.


GYM--10JJ, 2 laps, 10 JJ.  Then I took a quick bathroom break.  I got back in time for forward lunges with 20 lb total weight and bicep curls in the lunge position.

Rower...I'm not entirely sure if the rower distance converts, but I think it was 400 somethings, yards maybe? 

Treadmill...I started slower and pushed the last spring harder for this one, and felt like I handled it better.  Got .22 miles this round. 

GYM...stretched legs and hips good before having a clementine and some pistachios.

HR monitor says total work out time was 52:58 with an avg HR of 144.  I monitored the warm up separate, and turned it off at the start of the stretching.

Total miles logged today=1.28 for the warm up, treadmills and elliptical. 

January so far=6.53/50

No comments:

Post a Comment