Saturday, January 5, 2013

Yesterday:

So trying to describe the 90 minute Boot Camp class is simple. OUCH! Shannon, the instructor, started with cards from 8-Ace with values assigned to dictate how many reps we'd do for things. I think we started with 11 for jumping jacks and pushups. (seriously, I did 160+ pushups yesterday!) We were supposed to do 1 of each, then 2 of each, then 3...all the way up to 11. That was the pattern for each pair of exercises. We did hundreds of squats and lunges in that first hour. We did lots of jumping. She threw various burpees in now and then and they were simply however many without building up. There were rows, biceps, squats, lunges, flys and triceps with weights. The last 30 minutes was all core. Planks, various situps, superman, superman swimming, side planks, Tim Tebows...and I'm sure that I'm forgetting a ton of things. I modified things a lot so that there wasn't so much up and down from the floor to standing...especially after the 45 min mark, when I got a little light-headed. I couldn't hardly do the plank position at all, or the pushups-though I tried before taking a break during those, and for a lot of the things I just went slower or did one exercise instead of alternating. I didn't wear my HRMonitor today, cause I didn't expect to be moving enough to get it going much...now I really wish I'd worn it! I'm going to try to go to the weekly 60 minute Friday boot camp in the future...but I'll be super glad it isn't 90 minutes very often. Shannon, btw, showed up in a pink tutu, a tiara, and a pageant style sash. She made sure to tell us no soda, lotsa water, and that our calorie burn should have been in the 700-1400 range! Seriously, my legs are not happy. I'm gonna try to go walking somewhere with hubby later to keep things from getting too very tight, but already, ouchie!

I did start off with 1/2 m on the track to warm up.

Today:

Still very achy and sore from yesterday, so I knew I needed to get myself a workout in to loosen things up.  I headed off to the Y to get it done.  I did pushups today.  Sets of 29 and 33 before I left home.  Then a set of 29 before I did 1/2 m on the track in under 6 min for my warm up.  Another set of 29 then .37 m on the treadmill.  I set it up for a fitness test at 3.4 mph with increasing incline.  It shut down when my HR stayed at over 150 for a full minute.  Oh well.  I moved to the eliptical and did 1.7 miles there on the interval program.  Didn't have the strength left to do one set of 40 pushups, so I did 20, rested for about 10-15 secs, then did additional sets of 10 3 times with those mini breaks in between.  

Total mileage yesterday and today?  .5+.5+.37+1.7=3.07m

Toward my goal this month?  9.6/50 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment