Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Weigh-in=167

Workout Today:  Started with a little over 1/2 m on the track, walk a lap, jog a lap, run a lap.  14 laps=1 mile.  I did about 8 laps, then stopped for a 45 sec plank before doing 6 more laps...walk one jog 1.5.  Total time for the whole mile and everything was just under 15 minutes.  I think there was a quick pit stop for a swallow of water in there as well.  
Then I did 58 minutes on the elliptical, racking up 4 miles.  I was on the Glut 2 program, which is high incline, low resistance, half forward and half backward pedaling.  I did an additional .25m as a cooldown.  

My heart rate monitor was on from the warm up through the cool down and said my total time was an hour and 19 minutes, with an avg of 145 bpm.  I was exhausted when I finished, and took the time to eat a handful of pistachios and a clementine before heading home.  

Goals for this year?  I want to go from a size 12 down to a size 10 in pants/skirts.  I think getting down to 155 lbs is realistic, and I want to generally eat healthier and be more active with my family.  I will set a monthly mileage goal to reach through my exercise...for January the goal is 50 miles.  

Today got me 5.25 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment